Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The world still seems pretty round to me...

That is to say that this whole technology thing is a bit intimidating still. It is amazing that I can spend so much time on the internet, or at least log onto to the internet many times in the course of a day and still be so unaware of the diverse opportunities that the web represents. So much of what is available on the web, lay dormant to the average web surfer. Getting turned on to new websites is tricky business. Ironically, I find that tips about how to better surf the web most often come to me from printed media, like magazines and newspapers. If anyone has some tips about how to find good websites, I'd love it. Anyway, the point is that this course is opening my eyes to many resources I did not even know existed. It is crazy how easy it is, relatively, to start a blog, and use resources like flickr and del.icio.us to make things look cool. And we all know that looking cool is very important. Let's hope I can manage to look cool to the folks who are handing out grades in this class by December.

6 comments:

James said...

For finding new web sites, try looking through other people's del.icio.us links. I've been adding everybody to my network, and found some interesting stuff. I wish some people would add more, though.

-James

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, browsing for new content. Why don't you tell us more about your project?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, here I am again--looking for discussion of this project w/Mr. Zorn you're excited about?? Tell us more.

Larisa Farlin said...

Yeah, it's all about looking cool. Personally, I find some great websites on the NPR site, which I see you already have on your blog. Additionally, no one knows cool like the youngins'. When I want to do something cool with technology, I go straight to my students. Granted, they direct me to a lot of junk, but they also know some great resources to, and I quote, "pimp out" anything technological. Are you looking to do anything specific? Let me know, and I will put in a request : ).

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, what's new??? Get blogging so I can read your wonderful ideas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, still browsing for new content. This content is almost a month old. I miss hearing your "voice" on your blog!! K