Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My website project...

Well I finished up my website and published it. I used GooglePages which was really user-friendly, I don't think I had to consult the Help menu a single time. I just fooled around until I figured out how to do what I needed. I am pretty happy with it and think I could use a version of this site for my actual professional website. At the very least, I am now confident that I can make a decent website using the free internet software and systems. I tried to resist the urge to be personal and honest as much as possible, but a fair amount of me made it onto the site I think. Here tis...joefoxiv.googlepages.com

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really like all the images you chose for your website, Joe. They show another dimension of you that wouldn't come through using just the conventional methods (resume, philosophy, etc.). I also really like the link to books I would love to teach. It's good to show your "English teacher identity" in this way. I was psyched to see your link to Selected Shorts. What a great program, and a great resource for the classroom.

Suggestions: a caption for the composting picture; along those same lines, how about adding some of the links you posted on your blog that illustrate your interests? and one last little thing, in your resume section, I think you should include the date of your observations.

Mrs. Brenneck said...

Joe, your site looks great. I had no idea that you liked swimming, by the way! Did you swim competitively?

Anyway, I agree with Sarah that the images you've chosen look good...you've inspired me to finally add some more to my own website.